Looking for a seasonal opportunity to work outside in a customer-facing role? Are you a keen observer, and charismatic relationship-builder that is at ease in both relaxed and challenging situations? Do you love the idea of being the “face of a brand?”
Front Door Ambassador
Anything Grows is Cochrane & Northwest Calgary’s largest Garden Center, and has been serving Cochrane, Calgary and Canmore for over 20 years. We are family owned and operated, and offer a large variety of plants, gardening products, furniture, and giftware. We strive to provide high quality products, information and customer service in order to help people enjoy a successful gardening experience – whether they choose to “garden themselves,” or hire a contractor to do it for them.
We are looking for versatile team-players who value exceptional quality & service, just like we do.
Full Time and Part Time roles available
Please note this role is seasonal. Typically, applicants start in April and work through to July or August, with some flexibility.
Description of Duties:
- Welcome each customer as they arrive and succinctly guide them through our key entrance policies.
- Ensure the front door area is a welcoming, friendly, professional environment by keeping it tidy, manning the radio, and organizing pylons and signage.
- Keep in close contact with management by using the walkie-talkie radio to keep a pulse on the number of shoppers in the store at any given time.
- Answer customer questions at the door and point them in the direction of what they’re looking for.
- Create conversation as appropriate to create a sense of ease and engagement
- Sanitize all carts that are returned or no longer in use.
- Enforce important policies that are in place for safety, service, and quality, at the front door.
- Develop in your ability to assess each situation on a case-by-case basis, and consider when an exception to a policy may be appropriate
- Use basic conflict resolution strategies like acknowledging, seeking to understand, and offering alternatives, to help find a satisfactory solution whenever possible, or diffuse negative situations when necessary.
- Maintain a positive work ethic and “team-player” attitude, valuing the opportunity to be invited back for future summers.
Skills & Requirements:
- Customer relations experience
- Outdoor-appreciative (you enjoy the sunshine, and don’t mind the rain!)
- Experience working in a versatile environment where teamwork is key
- Independent transportation to work
- Bonus Points for:
- Security experience
- Conflict resolution experience or training
Starting at $15/hour.