Looking for a seasonal opportunity to gain experience in the horticultural industry and work outside? Are you good with plants and people?
Garden Center Service Team
Anything Grows is Cochrane & Northwest Calgary’s largest Garden Center, and has been serving Cochrane, Calgary and Canmore for over 20 years. We are family owned and operated, and offer a large variety of annuals, perennials, tropicals, chemicals, patio furniture, and giftware. We strive to provide high quality garden products, information and customer service in order to help people enjoy a successful gardening experience – whether they choose to “garden themselves,” or hire a contractor to do it for them.
We are looking for versatile team-players who value exceptional quality & service, just like we do.
Full Time and Part Time roles available
Please note this role is seasonal. Typically, applicants start in April and work through to July or August, with some flexibility.
Description of Duties:
- Provide professional level care for the plants in the greenhouse and/or the treelot.
- Assist customers with plant or product inquiries, as well as shopping needs to ensure a positive and professional experience with the Anything Grows brand.
- Ensure garden center standards for cleanliness, organization and professionalism are met at all times.
- Ensure products and plants are merchandised and stocked appropriately
- Help pick incoming online orders as needed
- Maintain a positive work ethic and “team-player” attitude, valuing the opportunity to be invited back for future summers.
Skills and Requirements:
- Physically able (some heavy lifting required)
- Plant-oriented or “outdoorsy”
- Experience ‘wearing multiple hats’ or working in a versatile environment
- Horticultural knowledge or experience (students welcome)
- Independent transportation to Cochrane
- Bonus Points for:
- Prairie-specific horticultural knowledge
- Customer service or retail experience
Starting at $15/hour
How to Apply:
Click the button below to go to our online job application form.