Pumpkin Carving Contest 2020 – Terms & Conditions
Anything Grows, in association with the Cochrane Pumpkin Lantern Festival, is excited to host The 2020 Virtual Pumpkin Carving Contest! Carve your best pumpkin and share it on Facebook for a chance to win win 1 of 4 exciting prizes from Anything Grows.
- Enter to win by posting a photo of your pumpkin carving to Facebook, and including the following details in your post:
- Tag both Anything Grows Garden Center (@cochranegardencenter) and The Cochrane Pumpkin Lantern Festival (@chspumpkinfest)
- Include the hashtag #cochranepumpkins2020
- Tell us which category you’re entering (Kids Under 12, Most Creative, Best Technical, Best Overall). Details about each category can be found on our contest page.
- Pumpkins must be carved this year, between September 15th and contest close.
- Contest Closes Oct 28th, 2020 at 11:59pm. Entries after this time will not be counted.
- No purchase necessary.
- Skill testing question required to claim prize.
- Contest is available to residents of Cochrane or surrounding area (Calgary, Airdrie, Bragg Creek, Redwood Meadows, Water Valley, Bearspaw, Balzac).
- Prize winners must be able to pick up at Anything Grows Garden Center (209 River Avenue, Cochrane AB, T4C 2C1). Because they are valued like cash, we cannot mail giftcards.
- Prize claimants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Anything Grows, in association with the Cochrane Pumpkin Lantern Festival, will select a single winner for each of the following categories: Kids Under 12, Most Creative Pumpkin, and Best Technical Pumpkin.
- Anything Grows, in association with the Cochrane Pumpkin Lantern Festival, will select the Top 10 Pumpkins from all of the entries, to compete for the winner of the ‘Best Overall Pumpkin.’ The Top 10 Pumpkins will be posted to the Anything Grows Facebook page for voting by anyone who would like to participate.
- Top 10 Pumpkins will be posted and voting will open on October 29th at 12:00 PM
- Voting will close on October 30th at 6:00 PM.
- Participants can vote by commenting for their favourite pumpkin on the designated post(s).
- Duplicate votes will not be counted towards the total.
- A Winner is eligible to win both the ‘Best Overall Pumpkin’ category, in addition to one of the other categories.
- By entering this contest, entrants give permission to Anything Grows and the Cochrane Pumpkin Lantern Festival to use their Facebook username, contest entry image and contest entry caption for promotional purposes.
- Winners will be announced on the Anything Grows Facebook page on October 31st.
- Prizes cannot be substituted for cash value.
- Winner will be notified via Facebook or Instagram message on October 31st. Winner must respond to accept prize within 24 hours. Anything Grows reserves the right to choose another winner after that time has passed.
- Facebook is released by entrants from any responsibility surrounding the contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
The Winners were announced on October 31st on the Anything Grows Facebook page, and are as follows:
Best Overall – Jonathan Oueletter
Best Technical – Jody Spencer
Most Creative – Gayle Sui
Kids Under 12 – Jacob Williamson
Complete Contest Rules and Regulations:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open to all ages, though all prizes must be claimed by a parent, guardian, or representative that is 16 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Cochrane, Alberta, Calgary, Alberta, and surrounding area, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Anything Grows, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Anything Growsas final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 20th at 12:00 pm MST and will no longer be accepted after October 28th at 11:59 pm MST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by posting a photo of the entrant’s pumpkin carving to Facebook, and including these criteria in your post: tag both Anything Grows (@cochranegardencenter) and The Cochrane Pumpkin Lantern Festival (@chspumpkinfest), include the hashtag #cochranepumpkins2020, and include the category you are entering (Kids Under 12, Most Creative, Best Technical or Best Overall). The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Anything Grows. You may enter under only one name. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Anything Grows.
- Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive the following prizes: The Winner of the Kids Under 12 category will receive a Llama Stuffy Doorstopper valued at $34.99, and a Winner’s Certificate. The Winner of the Most Creative Pumpkin category will win a $50 gift card to Anything Grows. The Winner of the Best Technical Pumpkin category will win a $50 gift card to Anything Grows. The Winner of the Best Overall Pumpkin will win a $100 gift card to Anything Grows. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Anything Grows. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Anything Grows’ discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Anything Grows to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners for each of the Kids Under 12, Most Creative Pumpkin, and Best Technical Pumpkin categories will be selected based upon skill by Anything Grows. The Top 10 Pumpkins from the entire pool of entries will be chosen, based on skill, by Anything Grows. The Best Overall Pumpkin category winner will be chosen by public opinion, administered through the Anything Grows Facebook Page. The Top 10 Pumpkins will be posted and voting will open on October 29th at 12:00 PM, and voting will close on October 30th at 6:00 PM. Participants can vote by commenting for their favourite pumpkin on the designated post(s). Duplicate votes will not be counted towards the total, and will be deleted by Anything Grows before counting the votes. A Winner is eligible to win both the ‘Best Overall Pumpkin’ category, in addition to one of the other categories. Winners will be notified by Facebook message on October 31st, 2020. Anything Grows shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 24 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and Anything Grows reserves the right to select an alternate Winner. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ANYTHING GROW’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Anything Grows, anyone acting on behalf of Anything Grows, and Anything Grows’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Anything Grows. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Anything Grows from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Anything Grows may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Anything Grows reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Anything Grows’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Anything Grows may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Anything Grows. Anything Grows reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Anything Grows has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Anything Grows reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Anything Grows and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ALBERTA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Alberta having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Anything Grows, 209 River Avenue, Cochrane AB, T4C 2C1. Requests must be received no later than November 3oth, 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Anything Grows, 209 River Avenue, Cochrane AB, T4C 2C1.
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Anything Grows is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.